LA PORTE, INDIANA
La Porte County Symphony Orchestra Announces its 50th Season
The La Porte County Symphony Orchestra (LCSO) is entering its 50th Anniversary with the 2022-23 season. Concerts for this season will include:
- August 21 - Friendship Botanic Gardens
- September 17 - 17th Annual Hoosier Star!
- September 24 - Sharing Meadows (their 40th Anniversary)
- October 12 - 34th Annual Drayton Family Children’s Educational Concerts
- November 5 - “Americana!”
- December 10 - 28th Annual Holiday at the Pops
- February 11, 2023 - “Side by Side” with the La Porte High School Orchestra and Wind Ensemble
- March 12, 2023 - “Pictures at an Exhibition”
- April 22, 2023 - Purdue Varsity Glee Club and special guest to be announced
“The LCSO leadership and musician teams spent more than a year planning these concerts as well as many other activities,” said Tim King, Executive Director of the LCSO. In addition to the concerts, the LCSO is excited to present:
- A new and exciting website created by Duneland Media (www.lcso.net)
- A 50th Anniversary Retrospective Book which is being underwritten by Dr. David & Mrs. Susan Ratajik and created by retired LCSO musician, Merry Johnson.
- A fanfare commissioned by Garry & JoFran Bendix and composed by Rick DeJonge to be performed at several of our concerts.
- Banners celebrating our musicians along Lincolnway in La Porte and Franklin and Washington Streets in Michigan City thanks to Purdue University Northwest.
- An online merchandise store to purchase 50th Anniversary season mementos items.
- Monthly small pop-up ensembles performing around La Porte County thanks to Harbour Trust Investment Management Company.
- Small ensembles also to perform prior to each presentation of The Sinai Forum this fall.
- Frances Ho will be joining the leadership team at the LCSO as Assistant Conductor.
- Vocalists, Amanda Sheriff, Nicholas Davis and Joseph Leppek will perform at the November concert.
- LCSO Concertmaster, Tamara Stojanovich will be the featured soloist at the February concert.
- Pianist, Michael Chertock, will be the soloist at the March concert.
All of these items as well as tickets for purchase can be found on the LCSO’s website at www.lcso.net..
- La Porte Economic Advancement Partnership Announces Ready2Work Childcare Voucher Program
- Resort Apartments Expansion Sought
- Patrick Industries Announces Plans to Open a New Facility in La Porte, Indiana
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Awards the La Porte Economic Advancement Partnership with 5-Star Accreditation
- Quincy Development begins Construction in the Thomas Rose Industrial Park
- Dermody Announces Agreement with Rural King to Open in La Porte
- Downtown La Porte Gets Community Treatment with Help of La Porte County Family YMCA & LEAP
- La Porte and Sullivan Named INspire Idea Competition Recipients
- INspire Idea Competition Selects Five Finalists
- Flaherty & Collins Properties Announces Updated Plans For The Strand A $35M Mixed-Use Development
- GLPCC and GLEDC Forge a New Alliance Designed to Grow La Porte’s Competitive Advantage