LA PORTE, INDIANA
Unity Foundation Announces 30-Hour 'La Porte County Gives' Online Fundraising Event
MICHIGAN CITY, IN — Unity Foundation of La Porte County is celebrating its 30th Anniversary by hosting La Porte County Gives, a 30-hour fundraising event between September 30th and October 1st, 2022, at laportecountygives.net. Funds raised will be matched in proportion to dollars raised, and participants can compete for additional prizes. Unity’s 25th Anniversary La Porte County Gives fundraising event raised over $360,000 for 60 funds. Permanent, endowed funds held at Unity are eligible to participate.
“Unity Foundation is entering its 30th year poised for stronger partnerships and even bigger impact in La Porte County, our region and our state,” said Maggi Spartz, Unity Foundation President. “Together, we can continue to strengthen La Porte County and its many communities now and forever.”
Participants will raise greater awareness for their mission and expand their network. La Porte County Gives provides opportunities to engage volunteers, donors and board members and reach new donors. Registration for eligible funds is open now through Friday, September 9, 2022. Interested participants are encouraged to join an informational webinar and training on June 9 at 3:00 pm. More information is available on laportecountygives.net.
An additional $20,000 in special prizes and $11,000 in Leave a Legacy prizes are available for participating funds to leverage as part of the event. Gifts and matching funds earned will be split evenly between endowment fund principal and spendable – providing money for today and forever. This is a fun way for participating funds to attract new donors and gifts to their Unity Foundation endowment fund.
For more information on La Porte County Gives go to laportecountygives.net or call Jamie Miller, Unity Foundation Development Officer, at 219-879-0327.
Since 1992, Unity Foundation of La Porte County has served donors, nonprofits and local communities. As La Porte County’s community foundation, it manages $45 million in assets, administers more than 325 charitable funds, and has distributed more than $22 million through direct grants and scholarships. The Council on Foundations has deemed Unity Foundation in compliance with all Indiana and national ethical and operating standards for community foundations. Unity Foundation’s mission is to strengthen La Porte County now and forever by building permanent endowments; providing leadership; offering philanthropic vehicles for everyone; and, being a catalyst for social and economic vitality. For more information, please visit www.uflc.net or call 219-879-0327.
- La Porte Economic Advancement Partnership Announces Ready2Work Childcare Voucher Program
- Resort Apartments Expansion Sought
- Patrick Industries Announces Plans to Open a New Facility in La Porte, Indiana
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Awards the La Porte Economic Advancement Partnership with 5-Star Accreditation
- Quincy Development begins Construction in the Thomas Rose Industrial Park
- Dermody Announces Agreement with Rural King to Open in La Porte
- Downtown La Porte Gets Community Treatment with Help of La Porte County Family YMCA & LEAP
- La Porte and Sullivan Named INspire Idea Competition Recipients
- INspire Idea Competition Selects Five Finalists
- Flaherty & Collins Properties Announces Updated Plans For The Strand A $35M Mixed-Use Development
- GLPCC and GLEDC Forge a New Alliance Designed to Grow La Porte’s Competitive Advantage