LA PORTE, INDIANA
Maki Precision Machining, LLC Opens in La Porte
LA PORTE, Ind. - Maki Precision Machining, LLC. plans to open in La Porte at 720 Boyd Boulevard. The company has purchased the new location and is preparing to equip the manufacturing space.
"The City of La Porte prides itself on being a business-friendly community. We consistently work with businesses both big and small and strive to make sure opening here is an efficient and enjoyable experience. We know communities across the country are competing for this type of development and we have no problem letting them know that we are here to win," said Mayor Tom Dermody.
Maki Precision Machining, LLC. is purchasing approximately $1,000,000 in new manufacturing equipment which will be in production at their new location on Boyd Boulevard. The company will manufacture parts and components for the firearms and medical device industries as well as numerous other product lines.
Bert Cook, Executive Director of the La Porte Economic Advancement Partnership (LEAP) said, "La Porte values our long-term relationships. We have worked with Jeff Maki and his team for many years in his various other companies and the trust that has developed gives us great confidence this, too, will be a successful venture."
"As a longtime resident and business owner, I am incredibly pleased to be able to bring this new venture to La Porte. This will be a great opportunity for the community as a whole and I love that we can keep this local," said Jeff Maki, President of Maki Precision Machining, LLC.
The La Porte City Council offered the company tax abatement on the new equipment purchase for a term of 5 years. The abatement scheduled allows for a 50% savings for the term of the incentive.
Additional Media Contacts:
Jessica Bruder (City of La Porte) - 219.325.8368 or email@example.com
Jeff Maki (Maki Precision Machining, LLC.) - 219.921.5591 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- La Porte Economic Advancement Partnership Announces Ready2Work Childcare Voucher Program
- Resort Apartments Expansion Sought
- Patrick Industries Announces Plans to Open a New Facility in La Porte, Indiana
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Awards the La Porte Economic Advancement Partnership with 5-Star Accreditation
- Quincy Development begins Construction in the Thomas Rose Industrial Park
- Dermody Announces Agreement with Rural King to Open in La Porte
- Downtown La Porte Gets Community Treatment with Help of La Porte County Family YMCA & LEAP
- La Porte and Sullivan Named INspire Idea Competition Recipients
- INspire Idea Competition Selects Five Finalists
- Flaherty & Collins Properties Announces Updated Plans For The Strand A $35M Mixed-Use Development
- GLPCC and GLEDC Forge a New Alliance Designed to Grow La Porte’s Competitive Advantage