LA PORTE, INDIANA
- La Porte Economic Advancement Partnership Announces Ready2Work Childcare Voucher Program
- Resort Apartments Expansion Sought
- Patrick Industries Announces Plans to Open a New Facility in La Porte, Indiana
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Awards the La Porte Economic Advancement Partnership with 5-Star Accreditation
- Quincy Development begins Construction in the Thomas Rose Industrial Park
- Dermody Announces Agreement with Rural King to Open in La Porte
- Downtown La Porte Gets Community Treatment with Help of La Porte County Family YMCA & LEAP
- La Porte and Sullivan Named INspire Idea Competition Recipients
- INspire Idea Competition Selects Five Finalists
- Flaherty & Collins Properties Announces Updated Plans For The Strand A $35M Mixed-Use Development
- GLPCC and GLEDC Forge a New Alliance Designed to Grow La Porte’s Competitive Advantage
Flaherty & Collins Properties Announces Updated Plans For The Strand A $35M Mixed-Use Development
Flaherty & Collins Properties has announced The Strand, a $35M mixed-use development, will start construction next month.
The City of La Porte Redevelopment Commission selected Flaherty & Collins Properties last year to build a 200-unit multifamily development in the heart of the City’s NewPorte Landing redevelopment project.
“The City of La Porte is very excited to be partnering with Flaherty & Collins through this development, said Mayor Mark Krentz. “Flaherty & Collins Properties has a long history of success with projects such as this and we really appreciate that they have chosen to invest in our community.”
The Strand will consist of three buildings totaling approximately 200 new living units and 5,000 square feet of retail space. The development will occur along the shores of Clear Lake and will provide many unique amenities such as a resort-style pool with wet deck, outdoor courtyard featuring a fire pit and grilling station, a pet wash and bark park, fitness center with Fitness OnDemand technology, and bike storage and repair. Apartments will feature granite countertops, tile backsplashes in kitchen area, and stainless-steel appliances.
“We are looking forward to starting The Strand,” said Julie Collier, Vice President of Development and lead project developer for Flaherty & Collins Properties. “The City has been a great partner in this project, and we believe The Strand will be a vital component for helping the City realize its vision for NewPorte Landing, while giving new residents an exciting living destination that energizes the Clear Lake area.”
The development represents a capital investment of approximately $35,000,000. The La Porte Redevelopment Commission is supporting the project with Tax Increment Financing.
“We have no doubt The Strand will be a game-changing project for La Porte,” said Bert Cook, Executive Director of the La Porte Economic Advancement Partnership. “There is a desperate need for this type of housing in our market and we know current residents, and potential new residents, will be excited to call this development home.”
The project should be completed by the third quarter of 2021.
For more information on the Greater LaPorte Economic Development Commission, contact Bert Cook at 219.324.8584 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on The Strand, contact Julie Collier at email@example.com. For more information on Flaherty & Collins Properties, contact Brian Moore at 317.816.9300 or visit www.flco.com.
In business since 1993, Indianapolis-based Flaherty & Collins Properties is an award-winning developer, builder and manager of mixed-use, multifamily properties, with over a half-billion in projects under development in Indianapolis, Chicago, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Kansas City, Lawrenceburg, Elkhart, Mishawaka, Covington (KY) and Washington, D.C. Flaherty & Collins Properties current manages nearly 100 properties and over 15,500 units in 8 states. For more information about the company, go to www.flco.com or call 317-816-9300.